Media release on first quarter 2012
- Higher operating EBITDA "like-for-like"
- Better prices in all segments and in the four large Group regions
- Asia and Latin America continue to grow
- Harsh winter dampens construction in Europe
- Increasing demand in North America
- Program to further strengthen market and cost leadership
Holcim to reopen Mabini facility to serve growing cement demand
• Momentum from strong public spending boosts cement demand
• Holcim Philippines to commission Mabini facility to keep market supplied
• Major cost drivers, electricity and coal, continue to grow from their high base while cement prices are still below...
Housing developers assured of steady cement supply
For the fourth straight year, cement manufacturer Holcim Philippines, Inc. signed a memorandum of agreement with the Subdivision and Housing Developers Association (SHDA) to give the group access to the company’s products at a competitive price.
On April 11, HolcimPhilippinesCOO Roland van Wijnen...
Holcim Philippines, Don Bosco forge skills-training partnership
Cement manufacturer Holcim Philippines, Inc. recently partnered with the Don Bosco Technical Institute to assist deserving students in Holcim’s host communities finish their education and help the company’s employees improve their technical capabilities.
On March 22, HolcimPhilippines, led by...
Annual General Meeting Holcim Ltd
The 2,076 shareholders attending voted in favor of all motions by a large majority. The proposed payout from capital contribution reserves of CHF 1.- per registered share and the remuneration report (advisory vote) were among the main motions approved. Newly elected to the Board of Directors was Prof. Dr. Ing. Wolfgang Reitzle.