Cement volumes continue to be challenged by soft demand
• Increased government spending has begun and is expected to reinvigorate the market going forward
• For Q3, the typhoon season slowed down construction activity with Holcim Philippines’ volume down by 6%
• Pro-active cost management and manufacturing excellence...
Holcim launches sustainable development report
Holcim Philippines, Inc. released its first-ever Sustainable Development Report last Aug. 19. The publication provides information on the company’s ongoing initiatives to reduce its ecological footprint as it participates in the country’s growth and helps in the development of the communities where...
Media release on 1st half results 2011
- Solid demand for building materials in the emerging markets
- Volume growth also in Europe, mixed development in North America
- Rising sales volumes in all segments
- Swiss franc and cost pressure from energy and raw materials weighed on results
- Decline in operating EBITDA, but higher net income attributable to shareholders of Holcim Ltd
- Holcim expands cement capacity in growth market Brazil
Holcim volumes slow down on back of industry decline
- Industry H1 volumes down 9% from 2010 amid lower government spend
- First half volumes of Holcim Philippines declined at pace with industry, but still above 2009 levels
- Amid intense competition, the Company was compelled to...
A concrete solution for more savings
“We saved 15% of our structural cost with the help of Holcim” recalls Mr. Alfred Xerez-Burgos, Jr., Landco Pacific Corp., Vice Chairman and Executive Director.
This was made possible when the supplier, contractor and developer agreed to put a premium on quality, apart from just the price.