Press and Media
Media release on first quarter 2013
• Increased net income and cash flow from operating activities
• Higher operating EBITDA in Europe and Latin America
• First quarter results in India were impacted by negative market environment
• The Holcim Leadership Journey and the sale of a stake in Australia strengthened financial results
• Reduction of net financial debt over the past twelve months, higher ROIC before tax
Holcim Philippines posts strong Q1 results
- Holcim Philippines posted improved financial performance on strong sales, sustained cost management efforts and increased production efficiency.
- The company expects demand to pick up in the second quarter as the private...
Annual General Meeting Holcim Ltd
The 1,251 shareholders attending voted in favor of all motions with large majorities. The proposed payout from capital contribution reserves of CHF 1.15 per registered share and the remuneration report (advisory vote) were among the main motions approved. Newly elected to the Board of Directors were Hanne Birgitte Breinbjerg Sørensen and Anne Wade.
Holcim volunteerism program helps poor students finish school
As part of its volunteerism program, employees and partners of cement maker Holcim Philippines committed to help shoulder the schooling of poor but deserving students in its areas of operation. The program proved successful as the first batch of beneficiaries finished primary and secondary level...
Holcim gets Anvils for employee communications, centennial campaign
Cement manufacturer Holcim Philippines, Inc. was again recognized by the Public Relations Society of the Philippines (PRSP) for its communication programs, with the company getting Anvil Awards for Employee Communications and its centennial celebration campaign.
Holcim won Merit Awards for both...